The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) very significantly increases the obligations and responsibilities for organisations and businesses in how they collect, use and protect personal data. At the centre of the new law is the requirement for organisations and businesses to be fully transparent about how they are using and safeguarding personal data, and to be able to demonstrate accountability for their data processing activities. (Source: http://gdprandyou.ie/)
Under the GDPR Guidelines Express Distribution Services Ltd is a “data processor”
Unlike data controllers, data processors have a very limited set of responsibilities under the Data Protection Act. They must only process personal data on the instructions of the Data Controller. These responsibilities concern the necessity to keep personal data secure from unauthorised access, disclosure, destruction or accidental loss. In addition all data processors, whose business consists wholly or partly in processing personal data on behalf of data controllers who are required to register, are also required to register with the Data Protection Commissioner as a data processor. (Source: www.dataprotection.ie)
- Express Distribution Services Ltd “obtain” and process data in accordance with our contract to provide you with transport services and support.
- The data we “keep” is a copy of your customer’s addresses and contact details for jobs booked on via our web portal or by email bookings.
- The data we “process” is on your requests for arranging and making delivery of goods, otherwise no other action is taken.
- The data is “safe and secure” on our server, behind our security systems (firewalls)
- Your data is as “accurate and up-to-date” as you provide it to us. We only receive it when booking jobs on via our Web Portal, by email confirmation or when requested in writing to update your company details.
- Express Distribution Services Ltd only use the data provided and therefore it is “adequate, relevant and not excessive”.
- Express Distribution Services Ltd only maintain a copy of your data during a contract and therefore “no longer than is necessary”.
- Express Distribution Services Ltd do not “give a copy of his/her personal data” to any individual on request as we are not the Data Controller. We will provide the customer with a copy of their own data upon request.
Express Distribution Services Ltd provide our customers with their online booking account or by email booking confirmation. You as the customer are the data controllers that “control” the input of this data into your account that is used to store all data provided. Express Distribution Services Ltd as a “data processor” receives your data in order to provide transport services. Our obligations are to use this data as and only for the purpose of arranging collections and delivering of goods.